The Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1600 HF (Series II) launched in 1970 and was the sportier coupe version of the 4-door berlina (saloon) with a 150mm shorter wheelbase. It features a 4-cylinder 1.6-litre engine but unlike regular 4-cylinder engines it’s not an I4 but a V4, a configuration more commonly seen in motorcycles. It produces 115 hp and it puts its power down through a 5-speed gearbox. The Fulvia, like Lancia’s more luxurious model, the Flavia, was front-wheel drive and featured disc brakes on all four wheels.
The Fulvia was the car Lancia used to return to motosport after leaving Formula 1 in 1955. It debuted in 1965 and in 1972 they became International Championship for Manufacturers champions, this was the rally series that preceded the World Rally Championship (WRC). Lancia is of course known for it’s rally success having won 10 championships, making them most successful manufacturer ever. They achieved this with their legendary cars, the Stratos, 037 and Delta Integrale, and it all started with the Fulvia.